Silicone Potting Compounds
Zhaoshun’s RTV silicone potting compounds are liquid materials made from silicone. When in use, these products are potted into electronic components and circuit boards either manually or using machines. They are then cured to an elastomer at room temperature or through heating, and ensure the product’s heat dissipation, flame retardance, and waterproof performance.
Zhaoshun provides the following RTV silicone potting compounds for customers to choose from:
Silicone Potting Compounds
The following potting compound features an excellent viscosity, making it ideal for potting and encapsulating of LED lighting applications or sensitive electronic components. Note that volatile substances occur when curing, so we recommend this be used for thin-section potting applications.
Low Viscosity Silicone Potting Compounds
These RTV silicone potting compounds are designed for potting and thermal protection of power modules and electronic components. In general, in order to improve the adhesion of the potting compound, we will use a primer, and as there are no byproducts generated during the curing process, there is no limitations to the potting thickness.
- Low Viscosity Electrical Potting Compounds, ZS-GF-5299EThe ZS-GF-5299E RTV silicone potting compounds is a low viscosity, two-component product for sensor potting.
- Flame Resistant Grey Silicone Potting Compounds, ZS-GF-5299SThe ZS-GF-5299S RTV silicone potting compounds are supplied as a low viscosity, two-component silicone kit for potting.
- Thermally Conductive Potting Compounds, ZS-GF-5299Z-3The ZS-GF-5299Z-3 RTV silicone potting compounds is a medium viscosity, two-component, high thermal conductivity silicone sealant.
- General-Purpose Thermally Conductive Potting Compounds, ZS-GF-5299Z-25The ZS-GF-5299Z-25 RTV silicone potting compounds have a medium viscosity, two-part and high thermal conductivity.
- Thermally Conductive Cure-in-Place Potting Compounds, ZS-GF-5299Z-30The ZS-GF-5299Z-30 is a medium viscosity, two-part, heat curing, high thermally conductive sealant.
Silicone Gels for Potting
The two different product series below offer 3 potting compounds that cure to an adhesive silicone gel with a low internal stress, an excellent flexibility, and an outstanding shock resistance. With a high electrical insulation property, these products are used for protective potting of IGBT (insulated gate bipolar translator), sensors, delicate circuits, and hybrid circuits.
- Circuit board cleaning: use a solvent to remove any dust and soldering residue from the circuit board surface for a better adhesion effect.
- Localized protection treatment on parts requires no coating: simply apply the adhesive sticker film or anti-static adhesive tape for shading. The protected parts include the PCB plug, IC socket, trimming core, and more. Shading protection should be applied before cleaning to prevent the cleaner from entering these components.
- Dry: after cleaning and shading processes, the circuit board should be dried before coating. The drying temperature and time are determined by the maximum allowable temperature of the circuit board.
Directions for use
- Before mixing: shake A and B components vigorously in their own containers.
- Mixing: Mix thoroughly and evenly by weight in the proportions specified in the instructions.
- Air bubble removal: the mixed potting compounds should be vacuumed to remove air bubbles in a vacuum environment of 1 to 3 minutes.
- Potting: immediately apply the mixed potting compounds to the substrates. The later thickened product results in a poor fluidity, so doing so immediately is extremely important.
- Cure: RTV silicone potting compounds will cure at room temperature or by heating.
RTV silicone potting compounds have a shelf life of 1 year when stored at a temperature less than 25℃. Products beyond their shelf life can be used only after confirmation of no abnormalities.
The potting components may settle in the containers. Shake or stir thoroughly before using!